The normal function of the immune system an interactive network of lymphoid organs, cells, humoral factors, and cytokines. The key role of our immune system in our body is to protect you from germs, viruses, and more; underactivity resulting in severe infections and tumors of immunodeficiency, overactivity in allergic and autoimmune disease.
In simple words, we can say that the Immune system consists of different types of cells fulfilling their own specialized functions, and their main job to protect our body from outside viruses and dangerous diseases.
To keep yourself healthy and well we need a strong Immune system. In this post, I am going to share a list of 17 tips and tricks to boost your immunity and keep yourself healthy, strong, and sound against dangerous diseases and viruses.
17 Ways to Strengthen Your Immune System
1. Eating Natural Food. Immune System is a natural part of our inner body and therefore taking natural foods like vegetables, fruits, and juices, can boost our immunity and keep us healthy and strong. Fruits and veggies are good for vitamins and minerals, Acid balance, energy, and a lower-calorie diet. Avoiding unnatural things that disturb our natural system like smoking and drugs will keep you healthy and strong.
2. Take Care of your Sleep and rest. 7-8 hour daily night sleep is not only good for productivity, stress relief, and creativity, but it also improves our immune system and keeps us healthy.
3. Control your Stress and depression with stillness and meditations. Stress and anxiety badly affect our immune system, and therefore we have to master the skill of avoiding and controlling our stress and anxiety levels in our minds and life. And the biggest tool to control stress and depression is stillness, positive self-talking, and mediation.
Just sit relax, calm, and focus on your breathing. Forget about your career, business, progress, money, or other material things and focus o your mind and your inner self. Daily with 20 minutes of meditation, and positive self-talking, you will find peace and happiness in your life and focus and strength for your challenges. And you take control over your stress and anxiety.
4. Increase Intake of Vitamins. All types of vitamins are important for our health but vitamin A is really important to our body for a powerful immune system. Vitamins A can found in potatoes, pumpkin, butternut, squash, carrots, kale, spinach, cabbage, Swiss chard, red peppers, and collard greens.
It can also be found in animal sources like egg yolks, liver, butter, salmon, cheddar cheese, mackerel, and trout. Vitamins A, not only protects our body from cancer cell growth but also in controlling diabetes and metabolic syndrome, which badly affects our immune system.
5. Practice regular Prayer and Mindfulness. Prayer and mindfulness are not only important for life purpose, meaning, inner peace and happiness, gratitude and self-worth, but it also makes us strong internally.
Our soul or spirituality has a torn connection with mental and physical health and so a strong soul helps in a healthy immune system. Mindfulness and prayers are also important for lowering stress, anxiety, and depression and boosting peace, joy, and a sense of love in our lives.
6. High Intake of Iron-based food. Iron is important for the production of red blood cells that enables the immune system to function. We can improve our body iron by eating food like meat, fish, poultry, nuts, seeds, and leafy greens, etc.
7. Avoid Anti-inflammatory food. The biggest threat to our body’s immune system is chronic inflammation and diet food plays a key role in reducing chronic inflammation threat.
Big sources of inflammation can be found in sugar-sweetened drinks, cookies, candy, cake, ice cream, chocolate, white pasta, white rice, chip, hot dogs, bacon, sausages, smoked meat, Alcoholic beverages, and foods containing hydrogenated ingredients. By cutting these foods we can strengthen our immune item and protect our body from various and dangerous diseases.
8. 20 minutes routine Walk in Nature. A smart and easy way to strengthen your mental, physical and immune system is walking in nature. Walking in nature reduces stress and anxiety, movement and blood sugar regulation, sunlight, and breathing in open nature, etc gives inner feeling joy and happiness. The fresh air of nature helps in relief from the workload and improves our mental stamina and focus.
9. Use of Natural Honey. The use of honey is important because it contains immune-boosting properties like vitamins, minerals, wound healing, and protection against cancer. All these items help us in a healthy immune system.
10. Balanced Sexual life. Sex is not only good for reducing anxiety and stress hormones, but it also boosts our oxytocin levels. And which helps in strengthening our immune system. Doing sex twice a week is good for our health but increasing this sex number can affect our body and affect our immune system which causes a lot of inner diseases.
11. Boost your Self-esteem and Worth. Self-love, self-acceptance, and self-worth, is the key for success, status, career, family, networking, appearance, and material wealth in life. Being self-worthy gives you control over the nervous system, anxiety, exhaustion, and depression. And you feel strong physically and emotionally and that boosts your immune system.
12. Avoid the use of food with negative effects. Our body doesn’t react positively to some foods and its causes headache, stomach pain, or bloating, and it’s because of the Immune system. When I take rice, I feel pain in my stomach and my body like under 500 KG weight. Food with a negative side effect slower your body’s immunity system and that opens your body for disease and viruses.
13. Eat Raw and Uncooked food. Most of the time we kill the natural and nutritional befits of our food by cooking and high heating temperature our food for a long time. And therefore to present our body and take advantage of the full natural benefits of the food we need to take uncooked and raw food like seeds, vegetables, and fruits. We can also mix raw food for a better taste without coking and heating and eat them for natural proteins and nutritional benefits.
14. Proper intake of copper orientated foods. Copper is a mineral and can be found in major kinds of seafood, shellfish, nuts, seeds, cacao/cocoa (dark chocolate), beans, potatoes, peas, leafy greens, mushrooms, avocados, and dried fruits.
Deficiency or excess of this mineral can affect your body’s immunity system. A low level of copper lowers neutrophil activity and disrupts macrophages activity which increases your risk of infection. An extra level of copper can also cause cholesterol and fat in your body.
Therefore, we need to keep the copper in a healthy range and which is The recommended intake of copper is 0.9 milligram per day for adults and Above 10 milligrams per day causes copper toxicity.
15. Use of Healthy oils. Essential oil use can perform many immune health benefits. Oil extracted from plants contain many beneficial ingredients. Healthy oil use benefits our immune system by providing anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, or antimicrobial effects. We can use an oil diffuser, bath, body massage, or steam inhalation, etc.
Useful healthy oils can be found in a tea tree, Bitter orange, coconut, avocado oil, peppermint, oregano, lemon, Cinnamon, clove bud, etc.
16. Wash Your hands Regularly. Washing hands with soap stops illnesses like diarrhea, cold, flu, etc. And it also washout the dangerous bacteria and invisible various which are dangerous for inner health and immune system.
17. Use of PROPOLIS. Propolis is a bee product, and it has tons of health benefits for us. Propolis contains Natural and healthy small products like antibacterial, antifungal, vitamins, minerals, and proteins, antiviral, antiparasitic, antiseptic, anesthetic, and anticancer parts that aid immunity to our body and keep us healthy and protected. It’s also good for wound healing and allergies.
Strengthening the immune system is important for a healthy lifestyle, and it’s only possible with taking and eating diet balanced mineral-rich foods and avoiding fat creating drinks and food. Learn here more about Health care and Lifestyle.